Please carefully read this entire page
Remember that if, for any reason, you aren’t able to fulfill Elyse’s requirements, you can still have Elyse’s teaching in your church. You may purchase her DVDs or stream sessions online. Simply follow this link and set up a conference for your women! http://www.ibcd.org/fitzpatrick/ change this to a link to my website.
In order to schedule a conference or retreat with Elyse you need to understand and agree to all the following items:
- Jessica Thompson will make all conference arrangements by email. After Elyse reviews your group’s request with Jessica, Jessica will be contacting you and arranging a time when Elyse can be with your group. Please note that Elyse’s Speaking Schedule does not show all of the requests that are presently being considered, so a date that seems open now and that you may want, may not actuallybe open.
- Because Elyse takes seriously the call to be in her own congregation on Sunday, she will only be able to be with your group on Friday and Saturday. She flies out of San Diego Int’l Airport.
- The host organization agrees to cover all her transportation, room and board for herself and a traveling companion. This will typically be her daughter Jessica, who will run a book table.
- The host organization will sign a contract and a deposit is requested.
- In order to make the best use of Elyse’s time, the hosting organization should make every effort to let other area churches know about the conference. This can be done by personally contacting sister churches in your area and through the use of media: advertising in local newspapers, on local Christian radio, and on all social media platforms. Elyse has short promotion videos that you can use within your local congregation to advertise the event for many of her books.
- Elyse believes that $3,000 per weekend event is reasonable, considering that her work begins before your conference commences and will continue after it ends. If this fee is prohibitive, please let us know. Perhaps we can suggest ways for you to build that amount into your conference budget, or, in some circumstances, we are open to negotiate a lower fee. Once an agreed upon amount is reached, the entire honorarium must be received no less than 7 days prior to the conference.
- Elyse needs to stay in a hotel rather than in a private home.
- Elyse needs to be picked up upon arrival at the airport, preferably by a husband and wife team, and taken back to the airport at least one hour in advance of her outgoing flight.
- When she is picked up please providewater and some sort of snack or dinner (if there won’t be time to eat one before your conference begins) since she will have been flying all day.
- Elyse will speak on only onetopic in three or four sessions. She has developed materials on all of her books which you may choose from. Other topics may be explored once your conference is scheduled, if you like.
- Jessica will send notes of her material to be copied for all attendees as well as PowerPoint within one month of the conference. Elyse needs one hour per session. If you are utilizing PowerPoint for your conference, Elyse will need to advance the slides herself and will need a monitor on or near the podium so that she can see the slides without having to turn around to look at ascreen behind her. Unless other arrangements are made, Elyse will not be bringing a laptop with her.
- Elyse will not do any personal counseling while she is with you. Please assign a helper to her from your group to assist her in avoiding prolonged counseling conversations.
- Elyse needs a lapel or over-the-ear mic and needs room temperature water (in a glass) at the podium.
- Elyse sells her books at her conferences. Jessica will arrange this with you and will send you information about our expectations for the book table.
- If you are agreeable with all of the points above, please take time now to fill out the Conference Form.